Monday 2 November 2015

Cambridge Contemporary Art: Christmas Show


I was delighted to be invited to show again at Cambridge Contemporary Arts' Christmas showcase which opened at the weekend, and the CCA team have done a fantastic job again this year. The above image is of the work that I am exhibiting in the show. I have found myself increasingly using more gold leaf in my pieces for some reason this year, and have also been encouraged to work on a larger scale. As you can see the work selected for the CCA Christmas Show incorporates both of these elements. I have also included the new experimental piece entitled Cummar (below).  I wrote about this piece earlier this year (here), where I was playing in the studio and trying out something new. It was also a response to the great Matisse: The Paper-Cuts exhibition at Tate Modern last year, and is one of four representations of the different seasons.



Also included and hot from the studio is a new large-scale piece entitled Drift, (below), which is over a metre long.



Aureole, in gold leaf is also new for this year.


And lastly there is a gold leaf Lineate.



Christmas Show
until 31st December 
Cambridge Contemporary Art
6 Trinity Street Cambridge
01223 324 222